RAISE MONEY FOR YOUR CHARITY WITH A LIVE LU BAN COOK ALONG SESSION
Virtual get togethers may be the only way for now, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend the whole time simply staring at a screen. An engaging activity that everyone can do at the same time whilst being able to join in with conversation, ask questions and seeing what others are getting up to and is fun and energetic.
Your engaging activity with Lu Ban Kitchen is a live cooking party where everyone cooks the same meal at the same time from their own kitchen, with a Lu Ban chef live demonstrating the methods and explaining the process from the Lu Ban Restaurant (there would be variations for meat eaters and vegetarians of course). It involves learning and results in a great meal for everyone involved.
How it works
In advance of the party each participant buys their event specific cooking kit from this website. The cooking kit will contain the marinades/oils/rubs for three Chinese dishes prepared by Lu Ban, together with step by step cooking instructions for the day, and a small shopping list of the food they will need to buy themselves.
Depending on the three event dishes selected by the charity there may be a little preparation required before the party begins (for example, meat may need to be marinated for an hour before cooking) – these instructions will be highlighted in description of the event specific Lu Ban Cooks box, and will also be emailed to each person before the day of the event, along with the Zoom meeting link and entry password.
On the day of the event everyone can take part using their phone or laptop in their kitchen. The live cooking session is led by a Lu Ban chef who will explain and demonstrate how to prepare the three Chinese dishes. Guests will work alongside the chef and copy their actions (as well as being able to follow them on the sheet supplied with the Lu Ban Cooks box). By the end of the #lubancookalong session, each guest will have had fun, learned about Chinese food and cooking methods, and have a fully ready meal of three dishes to enjoy at home.
A #lubancookalong is a fabulous way to do something different, engage with your supporters, and to raise money for your charity.
Step By Step
- Your charity chooses a Lu Ban Cooks box with three dishes from the Lu Ban Cooks cooking kit range. We can offer recommendations based on preferences and ease of cooking. A vegetarian alternative will be recommended.
- The charity decides on an amount they’d like to add to the price of each box for the fundraising element of the event. If they wish to add £5 to the cost of the box, the charity will receive £5 per box sold (minus proportionate third party online payment processing fees).
- A specific date is agreed between Lu Ban and the charity.
- Lu Ban creates an online product for the three chosen dishes which is available for sale.
- The charity promotes the event to its supporters, directing them to the Lu Ban Kitchen web page to buy the product.
- If the charity chooses to make the event available to anyone who wishes to buy a box, Lu Ban will publish details of the event on its social media accounts and enable anyone to purchase the Cooks box from the website.
- A rehearsal Zoom call will be set up between the charity and Lu Ban to practise using the technology and for team members to be introduced online.
- Final sales are made one week prior to event date (later purchases may not arrive via the post on time).
- One the day of the event. The cooking session will be set for an agreed evening time. The Zoom call will open to organisers 30 minutes before the public can join.
- A charity representative may choose to welcome guests then hand over to Lu Ban chef to start the live cooking session which will last for 60-90 minutes.
- Once cooking is finished, guests are encouraged to go and enjoy their meal and the event is wrapped up.
- Lu Ban Kitchen sends raised funds over to the charity account by bank transfer after the event.